BH Live Family Fun Day – Sunday 19th May 2013
Splash Out with family and friends in our pools, be adventurous on the Altitude High Ropes course or get active with taster sessions in various sports…..gymnastics, football, badminton, martial arts and lots more!
£1 Swim per person at BH Live Leisure Centres
Pelhams Park Leisure Centre 10am – 5pm
Stokewood Leisure Centre 10am – 8pm (Wet & Wacky 11am-12pm & 4-5pm)
Littledown Centre 10am – 5.45pm (Wet & Wacky 2.30-5.45pm)
(Wrist bands in operation allowing minimum of one hour sessions, offer subject to availability as maximum numbers in pools apply)
Altitude High Ropes Adventure at Littledown Park
Altitude High Ropes Adventure is an outdoor aerial adventure that is great fun for all the family.
The course is set at two different heights, with low ropes at 5 metres and high ropes at 10 metres for the more daring and adventurous participant.
With additional features to try, including the Power Fan Descender, Zip Wire and a Climbing Wall, there is something for all abilities whether you are 5 or 85!
Special Offer on Sunday 19th May
11.00am – 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Low & High Ropes Combo £7.00 (normally £10)
Ariel Challenge – Twice round Low Ropes & Climbing Wall £7.00 (normally £11)
*Offer available as pay on the day only
Age limits apply
Low & High Ropes Combo – minimum age 8 years for lone participation on high course, under 8s must be accompanied by an adult (ratio one adult to one child)
Ariel Challenge – minimum age 5 years
For details visit: www.altitudehighropes.com
Littledown Centre taster sessions (from 10am – 4pm)
Try out various sports…..gymnastics, football, badminton, martial arts and lots more for FREE!
Stalls and taster sessions (Courts 1/4)
Pod 1 will host the following stalls where taster sessions along with questions and answers can be obtained throughout the event.
- Musical Steps Find out about the Educational and inspiring musical class with movement for babies from 4 month to children age 5 years.
- Natural Elements Tai Chi, Family Kung Fu & Qi Gong from age 5-95 years. Re-energise and revitalise whilst improving strength, flexibility, confidence and self defence.
- Littledown Juniors Join one of the biggest and most fun Football clubs for boys and girls aged 3-17 years in the country. Information will be given about the structured football programme with indoor coaching sessions for 3-5 year olds and an outdoor league and cup action on the grass and artificial pitches for 6-17 year olds.
- Babyfit Ante natal throughout pregnancy and post natal mum & baby from 6 weeks (10 weeks if c-section) up to 1 year.
- Badminton Helen Troke’s Badminton Academy for adult. Pick up tips and information on how to start and improve in the sport of badminton.
- Tae Kwon Do Master the art of hand and foot combat from age 7 years up with Darren Narraine.
- Martin Sheppard Football Academy Information on coaching, matches, tournaments and goalkeeping, for children
- Avonbourne Gym Club/Mini Gym Ask Pat and her team about the acrobatic gym club for children aged 4 ½ – 18 years and Spring & Jump for the under 5’s.
- BH Live Membership, personal training sessions A dedicated team will talk you through the membership packages on offer with a wide range of classes and facilities across 4 sites. Then why not get some professional advice from one of our fitness instructors to complete your BH Live experience.
Club Demonstrations and larger taster sessions (Courts 5&6)
- 10.30-10.50 Natural Elements taster session (Traditional Shaolin Kung Fu)
- 11.30-11.50 Tae Kwon Do Display
- 12.00-12.20 Natural Elements taster session (Tai Chi and Qi Gong)
- 12.30-12.50 Tae Kwon Do Display
- 13.00-16.00 Badminton taster sessions
Martin Sheppard’s Football Academy (Courts 7/8)
- 10.00-16.00 Martin Sheppard’s Football Academy Have a go at penalty shoot outs monitored with a speed gun to see how fast your shot is. Then get some tips from Martin and his team on those also important football skills.